Friday 8 May 2020

Guava Cupcakes - Bake/Cook OFF!




Hey fellow Cooks and Bakers!!
 This is my post about my very own Guava Cupcakes. For the bake off I decided to do something original to represent creativity and also my own style of baking. I have my own plant in my front yard and the Guavas are nice and sweet so I decided to use them and create my own recipe. I used the nectar and made sure the seeds were blended, chopped and washed the skin and added it in and also added halves to the center for a nice look after baking. My parents were the judges and they liked the taste and how moist the cupcakes were. What they also liked is the color of how they turned out and the red from the skin on the top. They scored the tasting a 9/10. I decided to plate up using a nice round dish and had Guavas, the cupcakes and a cupcake in half to show the inside of them. Then I used a Guava branch from the tree and placed it round the outside for a stylish finish!
My question is... What did you bake and cook for the competition?
Comment below and I will check your blog out and leave a comment
Blog ya later!
Chelsy

6 comments:

  1. These look absolutely delicious. You have done an amazing job coming up with your own recipe and describing what and how you did everything. Kapai Chelsy! I love that you used what was in your front yard too. I love sweet little guavas! Thank you and Tai so much for coming up with the great idea of the bake off. You should check out all the Kauri classes blogs and see what you guys have inspired! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps I requested permission to watch the video. Use the method I taught you guys today on our Google meet to change the provacy settings (open the video, click on 3 dots on right, click on share, change to 'anyone with the link can view'.

      Delete
  2. Hi Chelsy, what a wonderful thing to do with guavas. I love this fruit because it is sweet and tangy at the same time. I have been making guava jelly and also apple and guava crumble. Did the muffins taste amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks amazing I don't really like guavas but that changed my mind and I made a lovely and tasty caramel surprise muffins. Was there some muffins there that had a mistake or was just how you wanted it to go? If I got to be a a juge for style I would give it 10/10.

    Laterz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyya Tai! Thanks for the comment! one mistake that I forgot was when I was baking me and my dad peeled bananas instead of taking the Guavas out of the fridge, and we forgot to take them out because it was suppose to be nice and chilled but instead it was very frozen because we put the temperature on high! I think if we were not in lock down you could taste it!
      BLOG YA LATER
      CHELSY`

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.